Not only a blog for fangirls (and boys) but a place people can lose their anime virginity

Wednesday, 9 May 2007

Cosplaying- the facts

Once again I must apologise for the lack of updates in the past couple of days, but my laptop decided not to like me for some reason and not work for me.

But I digress. let us talk about the next important subject- cosplay

Costume Play, or Cosplay, is something that is huge in the anime fan circuits. People who are creative enough, or have enough time on thier hands, design their own costumes to the likeness of the character they are trying to look like. The more accurate, the better.

Some people go on to participate in skits involving the characters. It's a way of putting the characters in comedic or romantic situations you normally wouldn't see them in. It's kind of like fanfiction, but more visual. One of the more famous skits is the one performed by an American group called JAC Productions- this is the video of their skit:





In the meantime, here are some pictures of people cosplaying as various bishies:



Girls can cosplay as guys (and vice versa)- Here's a girl as Hitsugaya








Very good attention to detail, especially with a sword- sometimes girls make the best guy cosplayers








Here's another girl- this time as Cloud from Final Fantasy VII










I haven't said anything about Cloud because... well, I don't know much about him seeing as I have never played any FF game or seen the movie Advent Children. A sin I know. But I also know what he looks like. And this, in my opinion, is very accurate.







Last one- Riku from Kingdom Hearts




Oh, I tried. I did try to find you a male cosplayer, but none of them were any... good. They are all girls. No matter.

I should do a post about Riku soon. Because I do love the guy- I have a thing about complex characters (Riku, Ed, Zuko) it means that they have a backstory that means something. It has molded them to who they are today.

That's it on cosplay. Drop by for another post soon!

3 comments:

Matty said...

Cloud Strife... Final Fantasy VII was the best game on PSone ever! And that is an extremely good likeness... quite weird for a girl. Where's the massive sword ay?

Anonymous said...

That's some spikey hair O.O

-Rosie

Nessie-chan said...

To Matty- PSone?? LOLZ good times, good times. the awesome sword was in another picture, and it was a guy, but I have to admit that his cosplay wasn't good. But I am glad you appreciate it!

To Rosie- Yush, the spikyness is awesome! xD

Add to Technorati Favorites